Thursday, September 16, 2010

101st Time

You know when you hear or read a Bible verse 100 times, but for some reason when you read it for the 101st time you hear something totally different? That is how I felt when Beverly read this at the Power Source study:

‎"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29

I always knew the first part, as much as it can be a struggle at times for me, but is was the part in BOLD that jumped out at me recently. It is the ones around us that can either see Jesus in us as we relate to others, or see our selfish nature that says what we want when we want. How I long for my children to hear only loving words come out of my mouth. How I long for my friends, people at church, our new friends at Tuesday lunch, the check-out lady at WalMart, and my husband to hear me encourage others and build them up! That is a tall order, but one that I am CALLED TO DO! Let us encourage one another and spur each other on to speak words of encouragement and love so that those who are listening see us as "different". And that "difference" is that the risen Lord lives and dwells in us and out of our hearts we speak His truth and love!

Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment