Monday, August 30, 2010

Slowing Down & Seeing Him

Dear Lord, in the midst of today's fast-paced society, help me to slow down lest I miss all that You have for me. ... There are moments when Your creation crosses my path -- a bird's song, a new rose bud after a dry summer, a clear view of the mountains, a child's laughter, a friend's greeting, a stranger's smile -- but is my mind on other things? ... Have I missed these moments that You have provided for my enjoyment, my renewal, or my opportunity? Have I neglected to recognize another's need -- an encouraging word, a helping hand? ... Have I missed the right time to tell someone about You when I failed to point out that it was not "luck," but You, Lord, when a prayer was answered? Have I forgotten to encourage or express my love to a spouse, an offspring, or a friend? ... Help me to recognize and seize these precious moments that will not come again.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Taken from a prayer email

No comments:

Post a Comment