Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Living Like Daughters of the King of Kings!




We enjoyed a great time at the Power Source Bible Study on Monday night. It was so nice being surrounded by women who are filling their hunger & thirst for the Lord! What an encouragement these ladies are to me! Here are our notes from Monday night's study. Let's just don't read the King's Words, let's LIVE THEM!!

We Are Daughters/Princesses of the King of Kings!

*Our identity is in Him, not all the things in our world that try to distract us from who we are designed to be.

*Romans 8:14-17 "For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when He adopted you as His own children. Now we call Him, "Abba, Father." For His spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children. And since we are His children, we are His HEIRS. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering."

*John 15:16 "You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go & produce lasting fruit..."
My Chosen Daughter,
You are not a pretend princess, my child. You are a real princess, and I am your God, the King of Kings. I chose you before you were even born to be my princess. You are very important in my kingdom. I have chosen you to do something special that only you can do. I have amazing plans for you now and in years to come. Your love for me and for others makes you a true princess. If you read my Words everyday, I will teach you all you need to know about living like a daughter of the King.
Love,
Your King & Father in Heaven

*Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love!"
Dear Precious Daughter,
I am your Daddy in Heaven and I love you so much! You are precious to me in every way. I think about you all the time. Nothing is more important to me than you. I want you to tuck this truth in your heart: No matter where you go, you'll always be my girl & I will always be your God. I will always love you & I will never leave you!
Love,
Your King who will never stop loving you

*Psalm 139:13-17 "You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body & knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!"
My Pretty Little Princess,
I want you to know how very beautiful you are to me. I adore you, my daughter! I love the way I created you. When you look in the mirror, remember that I carefully chose the color of your eyes & the highlights in your hair. I love you so much that I know exactly how many hairs are on your pretty little head! I designed the shape of your nose & your happy smile. I made every part of your precious body. Don't ever try to look like anyone else but you. I think you're perfect just the way you are. There is no one in the world like you.
Love,
Your King who created a perfect you

*Psalm 126 (entire chapter) but focus on verse 5 "Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy."
Dear Princess,
Sometimes sad things happen. Life will not always go the way you want it to. When this happens, it's ok to feel sad & disappointed. I know how hard it is to act like my princess when your heart is hurting. It's ok to cry. Just know I am hear for you and I can make your heart happy again. But it may take some time before you feel better, so stay close to me when you're sad or disappointed. I will help you keep a princess heart, and I will give you joy while you're healing.
Love,
Your King & your joy

*Romans 12:6 "In His grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well...."
My Princess,
You have a very special gift that I have placed inside of you. Do you know what that gift is? It is something you can do very, very well. You will learn that some things are easy for you and make you feel good when you're doing them. There will be other things your friends do better. Remember, you do not have to try to be like anyone else. I want you to be thankful for the way I created you. Then I can help you open that precious gift inside of you. I have a wonderful purpose for your life. Ask me, and I will help you find it.
Love,
Your King who is preparing you for something special

*I Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, & no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him."
Dear Daughter,
One day you will come to live with me in Heaven. I am very excited because I have so many presents here to give you. Did you know that every time you do or say something kind to others just because you want them to know you are mine, I am preparing another gift for you in Heaven? Remember, my love: Even if no one else notices the sweet things you do for them, I see everything you do. And for all the kindness you do in secret, I will reward you richly in Heaven. I want you to know in your heart that I am so very proud of you.
Love,
Your King who has wonderful surprises waiting for you
(All the letters came from the children's book, "His Little Princess" by Sheri Rose Shepherd)

*Ephesians 1:13-14. God put His seal on you as His child. This is His signature on you as His masterpiece He created! The word seal means authentic ownership. The Holy Spirit in a believer's life signifies God's ownership in him/her. The Spirit is both God's guarantee of future blessings & a foretaste of eternal inheritance that He has for us!

*We don't always look/act like royalty, do we? We have to CLAIM it if we are going to LIVE it!!

*We are adopted into Father's House. We don't know (as flesh) how to fully live and dine with the Father. As His adopted daughters, we need to be close to Jesus to learn more about Father and how to live in His House. Jesus is our brother. He points us to Father, shows us around, & teaches us how to live in Father's House. Jesus will teach us & guide us if we get to know Him & ask Him.

*I Corinthians 2 talks about receiving wisdom from the Spirit. The end of chapter 2 says that we understand things of the Sprit because we have the MIND OF CHRIST! Did you hear that correctly! We have HIS mind! We don't have to settle for anything less in ourselves. We are HIS daughters, His vessels, with the mind of Christ. We are royalty to Him!

*Monday night, we talked about the crown of life that God has promised us as believers/daughters of Him. Study these to learn more about the crown He has waiting for you...Isaiah 62:2-4, James 1:12-18, Revelation 2:10.

*He also crowns us here on earth as His daughters with gifts. Some we looked at in Scripture were: Victory (Psalm 149:4), Glory & Honor (Psalm 8:5, Hebrews 2:9), Knowledge (Proverbs 14:18), & Everlasting Joy (Isaiah 51:11)

*We also looked at Revelation 2:17 "Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what He is saying to the churches: To everyone who is victorious I will give some of the manna that has been hidden away in heaven. And I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it." HOW AWESOME IS THAT! He has special manna waiting for us. He has given each of us a new name written on a white stone! I can't wait to know what my new name will be from my King! I am charging each of us this week to find a white stone around somewhere and write "My New Name" on it to help us remember whose we are and the gifts He wants to give us both in heaven some day & on earth as well.

*So, what are you going to claim when you look in the mirror this week? Maybe at first, we will see our physical flaws. But we are called NOT TO STAY THERE because we are beautiful and flawless to the Creator. We must not be dictated by the world's standards. Cellulite-So What! Bad Hair Day-So What! Clothes Not Fitting Perfectly-So What! We have to stop obsessing over these things and live like the King of King's Daughters that we are! Write out this week how you are going to change your mindset and start claiming to live like the daughter you are designed to be.

We are so blessed to be His!
Laura

3 comments:

  1. One of my friends & I are preparing to start a "small group" for ladies. This idea is exactly the idea I'd like our group to be. I want to see the ladies in this group embrace their identity in Christ, as daughters of the King! I want it to raise their expectations of life to where the King lives, rather than what the world around them offers. I want to them to be able to leave the hard things life has given them behind & become the ladies God created them to be! Are there home Bible Study resources we can access to help us make this idea our focus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete