Friday, June 4, 2010

Stepping Out In Faith

The Lord said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people, & your father's house and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation & I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, & whoever curses you I will curse; and all people on earth will be blessed through you." So Abram left, as the Lord had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was 75 years old when he set out from Haran. Genesis 12:1-4

What faith! Abram chose to step out & step up to God's calling. Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone? We all like the safety and security places. Yet there are times when God calls us out of the cozy into an uncomfortable situation that stretches our faith and increases our dependence on him.

Stepping out in faith will look different in each of our lives. But one thing is for sure; as we hear God's call and step out in faith, we can trust him to be with us and to see us through.

Are we listening to God's call? What does He want me to do that may require me to step out in faith?

This week my choices are:
*to choose to seek God's direction in my life
*to choose to step out in faith & obedience.
*to thank the Lord for His blessings & His presence in my life.

Faith puts God between us & our circumstances. F.B. Meyer

Taken from The Power of a Positive Woman by Karol Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment