Monday, April 19, 2010

Identity In the King

Taken from the book, "Prayers to My King," by Sheri Rose Shepherd...

Lord, set me free from trying to fit in to a world that so easily grabs hold of & twists my identity. I want you to fashion my character & make me a reflection of you.

So, by Your Holy Spirit, warn me when I'm walking in the ways of the world & renew in me a heart that's right with You. Give me the passion to bless people so that I will stop wasting my life trying to merely impress them.

I believe that You can deliver me from the temptation to let others shape my identity & from my desire to please everyone around me. Lord, help me care more about what You think than what others think.

In Jesus name...

"Now glory be to God who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of-infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes." Ephesians 3:20 TLB

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard sometimes to remember that the only approval you NEED is God's. That is something I struggle with. Thanks for posting this reminder!

    ReplyDelete